If you are planning a trip to Las Vegas soon, you might want to consider the following tips for seniors on gambling with slot machines. Believe me; these tips come from years of experience.
First is the most important tip. When you arrive (and if you stay on or visit the Las Vegas strip) go outside your hotel and look around at all the massive resorts that have been built in Las Vegas in the past several years. Billions and billions of dollars have gone into the construction of Las Vegas resorts. Then, think about where the money to build these mega-resorts came from. When you think about this, you will then be able to realize what the odds are that you will leave Las Vegas a winner.
Still interested in giving your money to the resorts? If so, follow these rules and you will likely give them less money than you would otherwise.
First and only rule: Don’t play the slot machines!
But if you just can’t resist, here are some suggestions:
1) Be very aware of the maximum amount needed to play in order to win the big jackpots. Remember that in Las Vegas on penny slots you may have to play at least 300 coins in order to win the bid pot. In other words, penny slots are really $3.00 machines.
2) If you are looking for the best mega-jackpot machine in Las Vegas to play, play the .25 cent Wheel of Fortune. This jackpot pays out on average every 14 days. Remember though, that this is an average and that it may be shorter or longer than 14 days. Also remember that only one machine in the entire State of Nevada will pay out the jackpot. You can find mega-jackpot totals at http://www.igt.com.
3) If you are able to get off the Las Vegas strip, go to some local casinos like the Palms, Rio, Gold Coast, Orleans, any of the Stations Casinos or downtown to play. They do have a higher percentage payout but remember the odds are still stacked against you.
4) Regardless of what you read on the Internet about “equal opportunity” slot machines, some machines and areas of a casino do pay out more than others. Sometimes by just being an observer, you can locate machines that pay out better. Some areas to consider: MGM Grand lion machines just off the main elevators. Harrah’s Dollar World near the sports book. MGM Mirage just off the elevators to the right going toward the elevators and to the left coming from the elevators. Flamingo “Sizzling Sevens” near the sports book.
5) Most all machines now are ticket-less so put your money in the machine and then immediately “cash out”, take the ticket to the change booth and tell the attendant that you just won the amount you put in the machine. You will feel better and have more money.